So this past week our house was struck with an odd case of some sniffles, icky eye, and potentially an ear infection. Bleh. I thought the weather was getting better and we were over these germs! Of course, I was a bit panicked about this recent bought of germs mainly because we have the new baby in the house. Nothing worse than a sick baby. Well, maybe a sick toddler is worse… Either way, we have been doing anything and everything we can to try to keep the germs contained to said toddler. Poor darlin is at that age where she doesn’t understand why she can’t cough on the baby or touch her germy hands in the babies eyes. She has recently learned all of her body parts and likes to point them out to you. Especially your eyes…and she likes to poke them, not just point. So, keeping pink eye away from the other family members has proven challenging. So far, no one else has gotten it. I am thankful. So all that to say that I thought I would give you a little glimpse into what we are doing to keep the germies away. Please note that I am NOT a medical doctor, and I am not giving you medical advice. Just mommy advice. K?! Doctors certainly have their place and I am not discrediting the use of modern medicine.
- Prayer! Lot’s of prayer! Gotta give God the credit for always protecting our family!
- Staying on top of regular “vitamins” (our vitamins are Fermented Cod Liver oil and Elderberry Syrup)
- Harnessing the power of breastmilk. Sorry guys. It’s true though, this stuff is like the #1 cure for most childhood ailments (heck for adults too probably). Thankfully, we’ve got plenty of that in supply around here 😉
- Using essential oils. This is a new adventure for us, but I have been using lavender oil around the eye, it reduces the swelling significantly. I used for a couple of days behind the ear along with lemon oil and Elyse is no longer complaining about her ear hurting. Score!
- Healthy Home Company Hand Sanitizer. Ok…so this stuff rocks…lemme tell you more!
Healthy Home Company (aka Mommy’s Club) is a brand new, fresh company making toxic-free home, body, & personal care products. I have tried quite a few of the products and they work incredibly. One of our favorites is the sanitizing foam and spray. Ok, so that’s technically two products. I’ll explain the difference. The spray is just that-a spray. You can spray it on everything and anything. To keep the germs away, I have been spraying surfaces, beds, pillows, etc. I have also been using it as a body spray…it doesn’t smell like anything and I use it after Elyse has been rubbing her face all over me. It’s fantastic to have something that is completely toxic free to use. What does toxic free mean to me exactly though? I means I can use it on a newborn, spray it in my eye, spray it in my mouth (yes, I’ve done all those). However, it is super good at killing the germs. Don’t believe me? Read this report. Perfect size for diaper bags and purses. They also sell a smaller bottle that is pocket size…good for daddies!
The foam sanitizer is pretty much the same however, it is slightly scented like lavender and is, well, foamy! The kids prefer the foam over the spray because it is more fun to play in! I also think that it spreads further and one squirt cleans the kids hands, face, and then they rub it on their legs. The foam is also great as a waterless bath! I often rub the baby down with the foam and it requires no water to wash off. Again, completely toxic free and safe for even tiny babies. I took this stuff to the hospital when I gave birth! And it smells so delish…Alex calls it “liquid baby”…its one of those characteristic yummy smells of newborns. However, I’ve had many people stop and ask me what “smells so good” when I use in the store. So its def not just for babies! We keep a bottle in the diaper bag for times when baby wipes just aren’t cutting it. It also works great as an alternative to wipes as you can just squirt some on a rag/towel/wash cloth and use a wipe.
There are many other products that we love, but for today I will leave you with these! So here’s the catch. If you want to get your hands on some of these products check out the site. You can order products at a retail rate, or join as a member for significant savings! If you decide you have a passion for selling these kind of products there is also a Professional Representative route you can take to earn income. As a member however, you can even earn 10% on orders made by others that you refer! It’s a win win! Contact me if you have more questions about how all that works. If you ever get lost trying to find this page, you can just click the link on the side of the blog to get access to the site!
In the meantime, I thought we would do something fun here and I would give away a 4oz bottle of the sanitizing spray for you to try!
Here’s what you need to do to enter! For each item you will earn an additional entry. You must comment and let me know you did each item. You comment will serve as an entry and one comment will be randomly selected. So, if you do all for, leave me 4 comments.Got it? (One day I’ll get one of those fancy pancy rafflecopter thingys…but not today.) Giveaway ends on Friday, June 20th at 12pm EST. Winner will be announced on blog, but also be sure to leave your email address.
1. *Mandatory entry* Comment on this post and let me know what you might use the product for.
2.*Additional entry* “Like” the Healthy Home Company on Facebook. Leave a comment and let me know you did that.
3. *Additional entry* Share this blog post with your friends on Facebook or Pinterest (Pin it button below). Leave a comment and let me know you did that.
4. *Additional entry* Subscribe to this blog (subscribe button at top of page) if you would like to hear more about these products and if the blog interests you! Leave a comment and let me know you did that!